Monday, September 20, 2010

Wishy Washy

That is exactly what I am.

I can NEVER. EVER. NEVER EVER make up my mind.

For the past four years I have been jumping between two story ideas. One includes my personal therapy, and yet extensive religious research. The second one was a spontaneous reaction to what one of my "supposed" side characters would do in a certain unwanted situation. And I find that once I choose one, I constantly think about the other. It is a vicious conspiracy that works against me to make sure that I NEVER finish a single book. And I hate that it's working.

I suppose the smart choice would be to continue on with my second story idea, which so far has about eighty five pages done, and work on researching/outlining the first idea at the same time. Since neither will shut up for the other. But will this really work?

I guess we'll find out.

*insert dramatic closing sequence here*
To be continued...

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you could bounce between the two depending on what mood you are in and just make sure that you are giving both of them attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably should... I usually try to stay focused on one or the other, but as you can see, that's not working out lol. I'll have to give the bounce a try...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continue with both ideas by doing what you're doing: bouncing. Its frustrating but it keep both in your head so you don't lose them.

    ReplyDelete