Tuesday, September 14, 2010

New Directions

Every plot seems to find them. New directions that is. It's annoying, it's confusing, and sometimes just plain sloppy. But that's the way of writing it would seem. Annoying, confusing, and sloppy.

I have finally been able to write, with the help of my plotline that I wrote out not two to three months ago. Unforunately, when there is one change, there seems to be ten other details to add in. And I have had more than one change. It makes weaving a new idea and/or chapter into one's book very hard. When I try to steer one of my character's fates in a different direction, then suddenly it's very hard to get them back on the same track. But I guess that's just the way it goes sometimes. There's a million possibilities and yet you have to choose only one. Sounds a little bit like life and not just writing a book.

As it is, I am not much of a fan of outlining. It's not easy and it's definitely not a short process. Hopefully, these new ideas, or what I like to call diseases, won't spread through-out the entire length of the plot.

1 comment: